Are you wanting to become a Registered Member in 2023?
Here you will find:
Registered Membership Guide
Registered Membership Assessment Workbook
Frequently asked questions for Mentors and Mentees
An example Assessment Workbook including Portfolio
To be eligible to attend the Registration Interview in November 2023 you need to have a minimum of 60 weeks in the Mentoring Programme which means you must submit the enrolment form no later than the 1st August 2022.
Where to from here?
1) Choose a Mentor - this can be a Registered Member in your office or another practice. Your mentor needs to be someone who:
a) has been working as a Registered LA for at least 2 years
b) understands the role of being a mentor
c) is happy to commit the time and energy to being your mentor
2) Once your Mentor has confirmed their willingness to Mentor you, an invoice for $50 + gst will be emailed to you. Once payment is received we will confirm your participation in the Mentoring Programme.
3) Meet regularly with your mentor to get them to assess your progress, allow you to pick their brains and ensure you are on the right track. Your mentor is a key assessor of your competency and will be signing off various assessment criteria along the way.
4) Attend workshops with Group Mentors (2 are compulsory). Your local NZILA branch organises the group mentoring sessions, your local registration representative will be in contact to inform you of these or check the calendar on the website.
5) Attend Core Competency seminars/workshops (not compulsory) and do additional reading and research on areas you may be lacking in knowledge.
6) Complete your Assessment Workbook with a CV, a record of your activity and signed mentor assessment sheets.
7) Complete your Portfolio of relevant project examples.
8) Complete the Registration Interview Application and submit this with your Assessment Workbook. (Date TBC however this is normally the end of September).
9) Attend the Registered Membership Interview in November 2023 (date TBC).