Isthmus is an award-winning, integrated design studio that blends architecture, landscape and urban design. Established in 1988, we are guided by a clear set of principles and ideas; our kaupapa is based on deepening the relationships between land, people and culture.
We now have an opportunity for a Landscape Architect (at either Intermediate or Senior level) to join our collaborative studio environment in Tāmaki Makaurau. Preferably you will have experience leading projects and be confident with clients, but all excellent candidates will be considered.
- Playing an important role in the team, particularly with leadership of projects.
- Supporting complex jobs with design-led and technically innovative solutions, while understanding the wider project context.
- Working on a diverse range of inspiring and impactful projects across a range of sectors including urban space, masterplanning, streetscape, education, and landscape infrastructure.
- Applying the breadth of your skills across a role where your creativity and technical ability will come to the fore and continue to grow.
- 3+ years' experience (intermediate) or 6+ years’ experience (senior)
- Design-led conceptual thinking coupled with a drive for excellence, innovation and creativity.
- The ability and confidence to make timely decisions.
- Naturally creative and critical thinking, bringing design and planning solutions and using research to inform and test ideas.
- Strong relationship building skills, fostering positive working relationships with clients and acting as a valuable mentor for more junior landscape architects.
- Excitement about collaborating within our “no boundaries” design environment.
- Technical skills across construction techniques & documentation software.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture and be a registered member of NZILA.
We believe in the good that comes from collaborating and creating together. We love giving back to our team, from supporting your professional development and career growth, to cultivating a culture we’re proud of. Joining a supportive group of people with common values, you’ll find a design-led studio environment sparked by curiosity, inspiration and opportunity.
If you’re hungry for a rewarding role with a team designing some of New Zealand’s best designed places, please send us your CV with a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of to email@example.com